Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
The LOEWE Foundation launches the seventh edition of their Craft Prize, an international award celebrating excellence in craftsmanship.
About the Craft Prize
The LOEWE Foundation Craft Prize seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value. By identifying work that reinterprets existing knowledge to make it relevant today while reflecting its maker’s personal language and distinct hand, the LOEWE Foundation aims to highlight the continuing contribution of craft to the culture of our time.
All entries should
- fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
- be an original work, handmade or partly handmade
- have been created in the last five years
- be one-of a-kind
- have won no prizes previously
- demonstrate artistic intent.
The Prize for the winning entry is 50,000 euros. The winning work selected by the Jury, as well as the works of the finalists selected by the Experts Panel will be included in an exhibition and accompanying catalogue “LOEWE Foundation Craft Prize 2024”, on view in Paris.
For more information visit the Loewe Foundation